Thursday, April 22, 2010

NaPoWriMo Napalm Week 3

16.
Kind of like when
you smoke a cigarette
(because she's having one)
to kill the flavor
(same negates same)
but her mouth
still tastes like a gravestone
the inside of 200 stale hotels
and you stick your tongue into it
anyway
like you mean it
then she pulls away and says
I love you.

yeah, kind of like that.



17.
The Christ in your love
turned all the bulbs to
'Off'
while the cat grunted
and leapt onto the couch
to stare into the pouring rain
as if some new destiny were reflected
in the puddles

Then, the 8 year old acts incredulous
"you mean you're not a Christian?"
and I feel no reason to tell her anything except:
NO.

While the spring breeze pushed the petals against
new leaves with a whisper
and everything is stacked against a grey sky
waiting for the champagne POP to come

Necessarily unguided, mis fortunate we
still only sitting here
watching



18.
It buries the blade
Home
The double-entendre
the flip-over switch
meaning
Left you speechless
didn't it.



19.
The black cat
looks up at me narrowly and
voices a complaint.

Buddha raises his foot
uncertainly to his ear,
then back to the floor.

As the dark comes on
As the Israeli sleeps
at the wheel of his dreams
As the sun rises
somewhere
Sets
somewhere
As Burroughs, in Heaven,
eye-fucks a heavenly pool-boy
As the cross cracks and spills easter eggs
into the street
As the wind rushes through the house
sounding like waters
As she sleeps beside me



20.
The answer is:
not yet, Not Yet.
but
ever so slowly
one finger on the tin shutter of the lamp
the light within the boundary
and
this time
there will be no eye.



21.
As I lay in bed
it used my ear
as a doorway

and with my heartbeat
i can hear
the hum of it's viscera

working
tunneling
pervading my thoughts

sometimes it becomes crazed
in that animal way
that even dogs bite their masters

and it bounces around
where I cannot crush it
stinging the backs of my eyes

Now, i refuse to accept
the will of this interloper
any longer, as my own



22.
A spell
Rejected.
All these cities...
and
I stalked the streets for fights
never getting more than the usual talk
until
they heard
the summons
and came down
with their machines
smashing me flat, broke, conscious
in the middle of the street
without a sound


No comments: